Monday, March 8, 2010

Lessons Learned

When i had my permit everyone always told me if i was going to be driving that i had to follow the rules because if i got pulled over once they'd be watching me all the time. Well me being me i listened for a little while but after a while i got pretty comfortable and started speeding a lot. I was on my way into town one day going 78 in a 70 and got pulled over, I didn't have a license so of course i was in some serious trouble. I got that ticket three weeks before i was supposed to get my license, so i figured i wasn't going to be able to get it. I went to the judge like two weeks later and she lowered my fine for me and then told me not to be driving for the next week till i got my license. I got my truck taken away because my parents didn't want me to be driving and get caught again. So i was with some friends and they couldn't drive because of some reasons so i did, and got pulled over 4 days after i went to the judge for the first ticket. I was scared to death after that I went and got my license the Wednesday after that and then went to the judge. She put me on probation for 6 months and told me, " Candice you better stay out of trouble girl it looks like they have you tracked down." After that whole incident i learned that it's just best to follow the rules and do as your supposed to because if you don't wait you could ruin it for a while. So i have stayed out of trouble since then because i follow the rules now.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I never got caught driving when I shouldn't be, but I did get a HUGE ticket right after I got a new truck (new to me) in high school. I was on my way home one summer night from my job working at the river. It was about 1:30 a.m. and I didn't even realize I was going fast. In fact, when the cop turned on his lights behind me, I just pulled into the shoulder thinking he was wanting to pass me. Turns out I was wrong. It was the worst ticket I've ever had and so embarrassing! Definitely learned my lesson and I'm at least conscious of speeding if I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete